Sunday, March 16, 2008

Scrabulous

I've been playing too much Scrabulous lately. Never more than five games at once, but I do find myself adjusting my schedule somewhat so I can log into Facebook before work, during lunch, and at least once at night to play a round. Thank goodness someone came up with a good Scrabulous parody that accurately reflects the world's Scrabumania.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0_LpjJfd20

I do want to comment on the pending law suit from Hasbro and Mattel. I already own the board game Scrabble, so you are not losing any money from me. What Scrabble doesn't give me is the chance to play with all of my friends (and in my case, my husband) scattered across the planet. It doesn't easily fit into my schedule. Finally, it never gives me that rush of excitement from logging on and seeing that beautiful bold phrase beside each game: "Your Turn"! Even though this is an addiction, it's one that brings families and friends together instead of tearing them apart. So what's the harm?

Working for a large coporation that thrives on its intellectual property, I understand why the makers of Scrabulous are being sued. I even agree that Mattel should be making money off of this, but why add to the bad publicity they've already gotten this year via the lead paint recalls? Slap a few free ads/propaganda on the Scrabulous page and keep it up there. You'll be heros. That's h-e-r-o-s or h-e-r-o-e-s, whatever gets you the most points.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Flossy, flossy!!!