Friday, September 19, 2008

Last Day

Today is my last day of work with the African Wildlife Foundation. I was very lucky to have an incredible project that will make a big difference for 100s of villagers who live just West of Mt. Kilimanjaro.

I wasn’t sure what to expect and how much they would be able to use my work at first, but I found out yesterday that the next step is to submit the Business Plan I created to USAID to try to get funding for the project! What could be better than that? Nothing! I would love to come back in a few years and see the lodge in action. Amazing!

Most of my teammates are leaving today. Some are headed to Nairobi for a couple of days. One went to South Africa, and another is going to Ethiopia. As of tonight, only three of us will be left. I didn't think I would be this sad to see everyone go, but I am incredibly. The team has been a constant part of my life for the past month and they are all such wonderful, brilliant people. I really hope we can all find time for a reunion at some point (leading location: New Zealand). It's going to be really weird not seeing everyone everyday.

The AWF office where I've worked for the last three weeks:


The team - one of our earliest photos with some kids from a small village on the way to Arusha:

No comments: