Saturday, October 13, 2012

Paddle Boats in the Tidal Basin

Every Friday I pick up Nathan at work and get to park in the paddle boat parking lot along the Tidal Basin.  Every Friday I think about how long paddle boating in the Tidal Basin has been on my DC checklist.  Every Friday I leave without a taste of the (surprisingly) salty sea air.  In mid-September, I finally arrived early enough mark it off my list.

Alison came with me and did a great job of not jumping into the water.  She even tried to help me paddle.

9-14-12 - My Little Helper

It was a lot of fun.  Hard work for one person, but you do get great views of the Jefferson Memorial and you could paddle to the other side and back in an hour if you were motivated.

 9-14-12 - Jefferson Memorial from the Boat

9-14-12 - Mom, What's That?!

We stayed out on the water almost 40 minutes before the novelty wore off for one of us and I was asked to go back.  I would do it again.  I wonder how long the wait is during Cherry Blossom Season?

No comments: