Saturday, April 12, 2008

In The News...Again

I drove home from Medora on Sunday, despite the ominous-looking snowstorm swinging through Northern Minnesota. Everything was great until I hit West Fargo, ND. Between there and the 45th Street exit where I eat lunch, there were a total of seven cars/RVs in the ditch and I almost managed to land there several times too.

Once I was able to stop, I called Nathan, who told me that I better just get a hotel room for the night. I picked the closest one: The Best Western Kelly Inn & Suites on 44th street and I have to say, for being forced to stay there, it was one of my best hotel stays ever!! I highly recommend it. I really wished I had a swimming suit and was about 15 years younger because the pool looked like a lot of fun.

Anyway, I was able to make it home ok Monday afternoon, but did pass two mangled semis on their sides, whose cargo areas had been ripped open at the seams with boxes strewn everywhere!

I was at work for only three hours when I was contacted by the IBM PR rep I'd been working with over the past few weeks. KAAL (Channel 6) wanted to do an interview that afternoon.

Even though I had no time to prepare, I think it turned out ok, check it out: Article + Newscast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You rock! :)

meg2morrow said...

Wow! I know a famous person! Nice interview, Amber!