Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dog Days of Spring

It was a bright and sunny day today, so I decided to take another drive through the park. Animals were out in full force today. I literally had to TRY not to hit suicidal prairie dogs running across the road. It was hard - like wack-a-mole in reverse.

There were also an abundance of horses by the road. I looked at this horse for a really long time before noticing the colt at its feet. Normally I just assume horses that are lying down are dead, but I saw this one move.


Bison were prevalent too. There was a baby that walked right by my car. I was too scared to roll down my window and take a picture, since mom was within arm's length of my car, but that's ok because when the calf saw me take out my camera, it got scared and hid behind its mom anyway, so I didn't get the sweet shot that I wanted.


No comments: