Friday, May 9, 2008

Miscellanium

It's been a loooooooooong week.

My team lead at work is leaving our team after something like 12 years. This is definitely a case of good news/bad news. The bad news is that Billy is a genius who knows everything about anything related to our department's work (practically) - he will definitely be missed. The good news (I think it's good news anyway:) is that I'm going to take over his team lead responsibilities. The bad news about that is that there is a LOT to learn. I got practically none of my own work done this week.

On Tuesday, I had a mole removed. It was extremely minor surgery - so minor that the doctor and nurse were making fun of how nervous I was. However, just like when I got my wisdom teeth out, I came out of it saying "I feel great", although I was not at all loopy this time and understood what had just happened. I had four internal stitches and four external stitches. They'll probably leave a scar, so please post some ideas of really cool lies I can tell people as to how I got the scar. Unfortunately, the scar doesn't look much like a shark bite.

On Wednesday, I went back to the doctor to get my Tanzania shots. I got three for traveling: Yellow Fever, Typhoid, and Hepititus A. Luckily I had Hep B already, since you need that one too. One of them made my arm sore for two days - I have no idea which one it was as I got a total of four shots that day.

Thursday, I attended the Rochester Badgers Founder's Day event where we awarded 10 $1500 scholarships to deserving Rochester Area high schoolers. Professor Jim Leary, Director of the Folklore program at the UW, told jokes the whole night and had us in stitches (pun intended for me). Congrats to the 10 scholarship winners!

Today, I settled on a company for our safari. I haven't booked it yet, but we're looking at a 15-day Mt. Kilimanjaro climb + safari to Lake Manyara, Serengeti, Olduvai, Ngorongoro, and Tarangire. If anyone knows anything about Swala Safari Company, please do share!!

2 comments:

Kenya wildlife safaris and beach holidays said...

....well Tanzania is not a bad idea, but why don't you re-think of coming here in Kenya, i can support myself since Kenyan park fees are cheaper than Tanzania. Mind to go through our website www.lexxassafaris.com

meg2morrow said...

Congrats on the lead position!