Friday, August 1, 2008

African Wildlife Foundation

I haven't written in a while and that's because I just got back from visiting Nathan in Glacier National Park. More to come on that in a later post.

For now, I just have to say that I have LESS THAN THREE WEEKS left before I head out to Tanzania. I officially got word while I was away that I will be primarily assigned to work with the African Wildlife Foundation. Our project will consist of working with community leaders to do a comprehensive market assessment and help AWF develop plans for investment and land use. We will be concentrating on two pieces of land, the Manyara Ranch and the West Kilimanjaro Ranch. What I'm most excited about is that AWF is not just trying to conserve this land, they're also looking for ways to develop it in such a way that the local population will be able to make money and live in harmony with the conservation efforts made. A win-win-win situation (third win is for me and my team of three that get to concentrate on the project:). I absolutely cannot wait to get started!!

For more information on the AWF, check out their website: African Wildlife Foundation.

No comments: