Friday, October 10, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

Finally, after 26 hours of travel over three continents and many times more countries, I am very happy to announce that I made it back! I'm now sitting in the Rochester International Airport enjoying some scrrreeeaming fast, free internet (yes, never thought you'd hear that about the free wireless at the airport, did you?!).

When we landed in Detroit today and I saw the vast fields of green grass (no dust in sight) and a forest of trees, I got a little teary-eyed. It feels good to be home; to see people brushing their teeth again and to find toilets that not only have seats in the bathrooms, but that also flush themselves. What can I say, there's a reason why it's called America the Great!

Now, I'm going to go wait for Nathan's plane to arrive so we can go enjoy a nice, juicy Culver's burger. :)

1 comment:

dwd said...

Welcome back! I hope you got lots of sleep today. Love the pictures you've posted!