Tuesday, December 9, 2008

North Pole Post

I was just digging around on the United States Postal Website and found this FAQ: How to obtain a North Pole Postmark on a letter from Santa

At first I thought, hey, that's kind of cool! However, the more I thought about it, the more I started to feel like a giant Christmas scrooge. You see, the letter actually goes all the way to Alaska for the postmark. So, not only are you going WAY out of your way to lie to your children about Santa, you're also wasting quite a bit of gas to get your letter up to Alaska and back - all for someone that lives in the same house with you!

I know, I know, I bet kids would really get a kick out of this...but there has got to be a cheaper and GREENER way to feed our kid's irrational fantasies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about? Are you trying to say Santa Claus isn't real? That's really going to ruin my day. :(