Friday, July 3, 2015

Vegas

It took me 31 years to visit Las Vegas for the first time, but in the past year I've gone twice. I was highly skeptical that I'd have a good time both times, but it turns out that Vegas was one of the highlights of this trip.

We spent our 10th wedding anniversary in Vegas and decided to do a couple special things. First, we ate dinner in the fanciest (and most expensive) restaurant we've ever been to, the Eiffle Tower Restaurant overlooking the Bellagio fountain across the street.

5-29-15 - "Paris"


The views were nice, but the food was AMAZING. I had a lobster salad, a delicious apple cocktail, and duck with potatoes au gratin. Nathan had the filet mignon with spinach and mushrooms. Everything was perfect.



Our View
For dessert, I ordered the chocolate plate, which was delicious, but Nathan ordered the Meringue dish, which was so good, it literally melted in your mouth.


This is the only photo we took together on our actual anniversary.
After dinner, we went to see the Cirque du Soleil show, "O", which is the one with the pool in the middle of the stage. That was also amazing. We capped off the night with about three hours of gambling during which Nathan won $2.93, then happily stopped. I lost $65 that night, then won it all back in a lucky Craps game the next morning. What can I say, the dice love me.

We stayed the night at the Mirage and spent the morning eating delicious pancakes, by the pool and playing craps. It was a fun, but expensive night. One night in Las Vegas is about all I can handle. I think I'd either get bored or become poor if I stayed longer.



We flew back to Milwaukee to pick up the kids and on the way back to DC, our plane was diverted to Pittsburgh, where Southwest marooned us for the night. Instead of hanging around, we jumped in a car at 10pm and rode the 4.5 hours back home, arriving at 2:30am. The kids did pretty well in the back seat of our Chevy Malibu.



All-in-all, Utah and Vegas was an incredible trip. I'm glad we left the kids home for this one, but there's no reason they can't come next time. I'm sure we'll be back again really soon.

No comments: