Monday, May 18, 2009

Munchies

I owe everyone who reads this blog some great pictures from my final hike (yes, I DID complete the hiking challenge last weekend) and Madison (my brother-in-law's graduation), but you won't get those until next week.

This week, I'm studying for my Project Management Professional Certification (a.k.a my PMP credentials). This is something I've been working on since last December. In order to even apply you need a full 4500 hours of Project Management experience and some education. I got that taken care of and my application was accepted without audit (phew!). Now comes the fun part - I have to take a 4-hour, 200 question test with laughably ambiguous questions based on 100's of Project Management, Management, and other resources. Ok, so it won't be that hard - 80% of the test is based on the Project Management Bible (Project Management Body of Knowledge - PMBOK) and there are a lot of books out there that help you prepare for the exam without reading every last reference resource. I started studying for this in February and am finally taking the exam on Thursday.

I have Monday-Thursday off and, although, I visited my alma mater this weekend, I forgot rule number one about exams - you need snacks. Exams were always my favorite part of the semester (wait, don't leave - hear me out!) - you got to sleep in most days, no more classes, you ONLY had to worry about a handful of exams, the dining halls served delicious hot breakfasts for $1.09, and once you finished each exam - YOU WERE DONE FOR GOOD! Nothing hanging over your head - free to move on to another painful semester - or worse - the real world. Ahhh, those were the days!

No comments: