Monday, May 4, 2009

Town Hall Meeting


Yesterday was another fabulous day for hiking. Today was not so good as I was forced to have a short walk in the rain around Medora...again.


On Sunday, I hiked up a section of the Lower Talkington trail just off the Loop Road. Another perfect day bordering on hot. I actually didn't see any animals on the whole trail, unless you count the grasshoppers that were constantly making me think I heard rattlesnakes. The trail ended up on top of a small plateau covered in grass and surrounded by bluffs. I suspect I went between 4 & 5 miles.


On the way home, I found a band of 15 horses, among them four cute, little foals.


Medora had its yearly kick-off Townhall meeting tonight. To entice people to hear about what's new for the upcoming tourist season, the town buys everyone dinner and then sits you down to hear from the various business owners. Tonight we got BBQ sandwiches, chips, fruit, and macaroni salad, all served in the gym of the Medora Community Center.

At 6pm we filed into an auditorium large enough to seat all of Medora's 100 permanent residents and heard about everything that could possibly go on in Medora. From the brand new Medora Stampede Rodeo (still looking for actors for the shot-out if you're interested) to the fact that the Chateau de Mores just got some new patio furniture. Yee-haw! In reality, it was kind of nice to be in the loop. My only disappointment was that the duo introducing the pricing scheme for the Medora Musical didn't get up on stage to make their announcement in song. Would something like this performed with clog dancing really have been so hard?

So come to Medora
For fauna & flora
That ain't no fedora
That's a cowboy hat!

We've got a great show
With pitchfork in tow
Better'n watchin corn grow
You won't wanna miss that!

I have less than a week here and now that I know what I'll be missing, I'm starting to wish I weren't.

No comments: