Thursday, November 26, 2009

T-Day in TR

This was no ordinary Thanksgiving day, but maybe it's time to start new traditions.  The town of Medora literally cleared out when all seven other people we know living here scattered to other parts of the region. 

I thought I might be able to catch an online broadcast of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in the morning.  However, it appears NBC has not fully entered the 21st century, so your only option for online viewing is EarthCam's eight webcams placed strategically along the parade route, streaming the parade.  No commentary, which is not too shabby if you already abhor Al Roker's every word.

Just a couple mishaps this year:
  1. Nathan is sick and couldn't eat most of his food until 2:30pm - after a piece of pie made him feel better.
  2. I learned how to carve a turkey, but couldn't get the darn legs off until I grabbed one and twisted.  That works pretty well, but makes you feel like you had a much bigger role in the turkey's death than you wish you had.
  3. I discovered our thermometer is not "oven-ready".


Mishap #3


 Roarrrr!  Carving Destruction!

Despite those, it's been a pretty good day.  I am thankful for a lot of things, but most of all, the internet and its role in bringing me under the same roof as Nathan - FINALLY!  So, once again, I guess that means I am thankful for Al Gore.

Last but not least, I want to share an internet discovery fitting of the day.  Bon Appetite & Happy Thanksgiving!  This is why you're fat.

No comments: