Saturday, December 5, 2009

Upper Talkington

Fifty degrees in November feels like eighty degrees and sunny to us. 

Last Friday was the best Black Friday ever.  A morning of ONLINE shopping - same deals, no crowds - then out to the park for my first hike of the season.  I chose a portion of the Upper Talkington trail in Eastern Theodore Roosevelt National Park.



Starting from the loop road, I went three miles to the East park fence, across a valley surrounded by multi-colored bluffs, through the largest prairie dog town in the park, to an expansive, golden prairie overlooking the beginning of the badlands.  It's a fantastic, quick hike if you ever find yourself in the park for a day looking for some sunshine and beautiful, typically TRNP scenery.


Chillin' by the Road


This horse was not completely excited about me tromping by, so it ran in front of me and snorted.


 Endless Prairie that leads too...



 ...this!


Ridge-top Elk

No comments: